DR LINDA FORD
is an experienced Women’s Health & Integrative Medicine GP.
She visits two sites on the Bass Coast in Victoria: in Inverloch and Tarwin Lower.
Telehealth is readily available.
She has a special interest in Integrative Medicine, wellness, nutrition and lifestyle medicine.
Her approach considers evidence based conventional medicine and complementary therapies.
She has extensive experience in Women's Health (Gynaecology) and GP Obstetrics.
Her passion is thorough, high quality, personalised care.
Dr Linda enjoys providing regular care for long term patients.
New Patients are welcome. New and review patients can book appointments online.
Dr Linda is caring, patient and open minded
She encourages patients to be well informed and to practice self care.
Dr Linda believes to be truly well, its important to have a big picture view of health and consider lifestyle factors which can affect wellbeing.
She has a non-hurried approach to consulting.
Routine appointments are of 30 minutes duration.
She embraces convenient, digital communication. Patients can use their Halaxy Patient Portal to message her.
Her practice operates without a receptionist. Patients value being able to communicate directly with Dr Linda.
Central Phone: 0386796532
Leave a detailed voice message for Dr Linda.
Existing patients: if you need a timely appointment, but cannot find a suitable time online?
Please leave a phone message and Dr Linda will return your call.
- Visits: consulting rooms at 39 A’Beckett St, Inverloch Vic
- Visits: consulting rooms at 19 Walkerville Rd, Tarwin Lower Vic
- Tele-health: Thursday am (book online) or at other times by mutual agreement.
- Please Book via this website (preferred). Toggle “Clinics” (on the left side of first booking page) to select from options (Inverloch/Tarwin Lower/Telehealth.
- Request for appointments can be made using Contact Us Form or by leaving a voice message on 0386796532
- Using their Halaxy Patient Portal patients can send and receive messages, upload or share files, review specialist letters and test results.
New patients, please review this page in full, to understand Dr Linda’s style of practice.
Dr Linda acknowledges: she is a solo GP, cannot offer face to face in clinic appointments every day and heavily uses digital technology .......………… thus her practice might not suit everyone.
ABOUT DR LINDA FORD
MBBS (Hon) (Monash), DRANZCOG Adv., GDGM. MHlthSMgt.
Her special interests are Women's Health, Wellness and Integrative Medicine: Diet & Lifestyle.
She has extensive training and experience in Women's Health and Care of the Aged
- Advanced Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine.
- Member ACNEM : Australian College Nutritional Environmental Medicine
In recent years, she worked as a GP Obstetrician in Berwick: providing pregnancy and delivery suite care at Casey (Monash Health) Hospital and St John of God Private Hospital in Berwick
She is a mother of five (now adults) and has her home in Inverloch. She enjoys gardening and walking her dog along the beach.
NEW PATIENT INFORMATION
- New Patients are welcome. Book Online.
- Patient registration is completed online using a secure link within a “halaxy” email.
- A detailed Medical History is gathered at registration. Please allow 10-15 min to complete this form online.
- Dr Linda spends considerable time reviewing your registration / information: planning and preparing for your first visit.
- New patient with complex issues. Please be patient. It may take a number of consultations to evaluate, investigate and make a plan for your complex issues
- Registration cannot be undertaken, on the day, or at the Clinic.
- FAQ: How do I Register? Answer: a registration email (firstname.lastname@example.org) will arrive same day, after booking. It contains a secure LINK. Click on the LINK and an online form opens. Its a detailed form. It will take a few minutes to complete using your keyboard. It is more difficult to complete form on a small mobile device keyboard. No printer needed. Need assistance? Ph 0386796532
- FAQ: What if I don't have internet access? Answer: public computer access is available at Venus Bay Community Centre & at any Public Library.
- FAQ: What can I expect at my first visit? Answer: Dr Linda has a very thorough approach. She feels its important to carefully review all new patients overall health.
- FAQ: How do I cancel my appointment? Answer: phone 0386796532 anytime and leave a voice message. Appointment email reminder (48 hrs before visit) has a cancel appointment Link within that email.
- FAQ: Does Dr Linda excise skin lesions & lumps? Answer: No. She will evaluate your concern and if needed refer onto a local “GP Skin Cancer Clinic”.
- FAQ: Does Dr Linda provide free, government supplied immunisations? (Eg covid or childhood) Answer: No, Nurse Practitioner at Tarwin Lower Centre provides routine childhood immunisations (excluding Covid)
- FAQ: Can a Mental Health Plan (MHP) be completed at my first visit? Answer: No. Generally two consults are required to fully evaluate mental health issues and make relevant referrals (ie generate a Mental Health Plan and write a psychologist referral)
- FAQ: Does Dr Linda use email? Answer: No See Contact Us. Patient Portal is the best way to securely message Dr Linda. Patient Portal is also used to share results and correspondence/documents (two way: to and from the practice) A Contact Us Form is on the Contact Us page
- FAQ: Can my first or initial consult with Dr Linda be by Telehealth? Answer: Yes, however you will not be eligible for a Medicare Rebate, unless you have had an “in clinic” consult with Dr Linda in the last 12 months. Phone 0386796532, leave a detailed message. Dr Linda will return your call to arrange a “First Visit by Telehealth appointment”.
- FAQ: Clinic Covid precautions? Answer: Patients under self isolation rules or current covid like symptoms (respiratory) are asked to reschedule their appointments. A face mask must be worn by all persons (over 12 yrs age). If you have Covid like symptoms, you will be referred to Wonthaggi Respiratory Clinic for Covid Testing.
- Your personal information is confidential and managed according to Australian Privacy Laws. Further information see: OAIC
Fees: TARWIN LOWER Bass Coast
- Aged Pensioners & Children U16 yrs: Bulk Billed
- All Others: Co-Payment of $20. This is called Paying the Gap. There is no Medicare Rebate for the Gap Fee.
- FAQ What's a Co-payment? Answer: a part payment made at the time of consult. Medicare then completes full payment of the account.
- Private Billing, no Bulk Billing, payment in full at the time of consult.
- First Consult, ALL Patient. Fee = Medicare Rebate + $70 Gap (out of pocket cost)
- Subsequent Consults Private. Fee = Medicare Rebate + $40 Gap (out of pocket cost)
- Subsequent Consult Aged Gov Pensioners (over 65 yrs). Fee = Medicare Rebate + $20 (out of pocket cost)
- Aged Pensioners & Children less than 16 years.: Bulk Billed
- All Others: Co-Payment of $20 charged.
- Patients must have had an in person consult (f2f) with Dr Linda, within the last 12 months, to to eligible for Medicare Rebate
- Patient Portal (Halaxy) requests. Min Fee for a simple request is $30 (eg simple referral or certificate) Prescriptions request $30. Medicare Rebates not available for Patient Portal services.
- Cancellation: non-attendance or late cancellation (with than 24 hours notice) may incur a $50 fee.
- Cancellation: New Patients: who fail to complete online registration (ie fail to confirm appointment) and also fail to contact the practice to cancel, may incur a $50 fees
- Dr Linda does not prescribe regular S8 medications (except for cancer care )
- Dr Linda does not accept new patients who take regular S8 medications (except for cancer care)
- FAQ: Which medications are S8's? Answer: Opioid: e.g Pethidine, Fentanyl, Morphine, MS Contin, Kapanol, Oxycontin, Endone, Tapentadol (Palexia), Methadone. Strong sedatives: e.g Flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), Alprasolam (Xanax) or regular Serepax.
- Dr Ford believes, in those circumstances, care is best undertaken within a large group general practice.
Halaxy PATIENT PORTAL: CLICK HERE to LOG ON or for INFO
Emergency & Important Contact Numbers
- Medical Emergency Ambulance: Ph 000
- Nurse on Call (24/7 Advice) Ph 1300606024
- GP Helpline (After Hours 6 pm - 8 am GP Advice) Ph 1800022222. Initial triage will be by a nurse, but if needed, you may be transferred to speak to a GP
- Bass Coast Health (Wonthaggi) Emergency Department Ph 0356713333
- Leongatha Hospital Urgent Care (GP supported) Ph 0356675555
- Mental Health: Life Line (24/7) Ph 131114 OR. Kids Help Line (24/7) Ph 1800551800
- Headspace Wonthaggi (Youth Mental Health Services) (M-F) Ph 0356715900